Are there any guidelines when setting my password?
All accounts must have passwords. The password is used to identify the person using an account as an authorized user and to prevent unauthorized users from having access. The purpose of these guidelines is assist you in creating, protecting, and changing passwords so they are strong, secure, and protected.
When setting the password for your Account, consider the following password Best Practices:
1. Passwords should be at least 8 characters. However, MORE is BETTER.
2. Passwords should contain a mix of upper and lowercase letters, a mix of letters and numbers, or a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
3. DO NOT use blank spaces or symbols (#, $, @, etc).
4. Passwords should be something you can easily remember, yet hard for someone else to guess.
For example, a phrase like "Bob and Susan got married March 3, 1998" could become BaSgm3398.
5. Passwords should not be all numbers or contain alphabetic or numerical sequences (i.e., “cde” or “345”).
6. Passwords should not be a proper name or a word recognized by any dictionary.
* Do not includes words from another language.
* Do not add numbers to the beginning or end of words or proper names.
* Do not use your initials preceded or followed by numbers.
*** The above information is for reference only, Please seek independent technical advice if found necessary.